Security Cameras For Your Business: Questions And Answers
Every business should have some type of security system installed to protect themselves, their employees, and their assets. Almost all businesses today have some kind of working security camera installed in order to be better guarded against burglaries and other incidents. Before you decide to invest in your own security system and cameras, here's some commonly asked questions and answers.
How Much Does It Cost?
Certainly, you can buy a "bundle" of several small and simple cameras at most big box and electronics retailers for a few hundred dollars. While these may work for homes, they're not really designed for businesses. You need high definition cameras that can move and record activity at night as well as a recording device such as a DVR with internal memory to store any footage you might need to retrieve later. Going the high end route may cost more, but it will certainly be worth it in the long run.
What Makes a Good Security System?
There are several different features that make a reliable and effective security system quality. Features to look for include:
- PTZ or pan, tilt, zoom cameras that allow you to control their movement remotely.
- A DVR recording device with an easy interface and plenty of memory so you can review footage.
- High definition cameras that allow you to easily see someone's face, clothing, and other features.
- Several cameras mounted in different areas in and around your business so all angles are covered.
- Weatherproof enclosures for outdoor cameras that ensure they'll be protected in adverse conditions.
- Remote software that gives you access to your business' cameras any time day or night and in real time.
- A secure door system designed to only let authorized employees inside the building.
How do I Install A Security System and Cameras?
There are products available to the general public that come with the proper cameras, software, mounting hardware and other equipment. However, it is recommended you find a professional security installation company to do the work for you since the specialize in this field and can ensure you're getting the most for your money.
Experienced security companies, like Digitron Security Systems, Inc., will be able to help you determine which locations will be best to mount cameras, help you install the recording software, and will be available to you later on in case you need help troubleshooting any issues. If you have quality cameras, you will have more peace of mind knowing your business is being properly monitored.